Thursday, August 8, 2013

Parenting advice

What so you do when someone; a close friend, in law, random stranger, offers you unsolicited parenting advice and it makes you feel like dirt? Of course there is the "take it with a grain of salt" method, but until you figure out how to deal, what do you do when they make snide remarks about your mistakes and learning experiences? 
It's a frustrating world we live in. Filters are gone and people just say what they think. Sure honesty is a valued trait but rudeness is not. 
I understand others have been there done that, with their own children, but this is my child, my parenting experience, my mistakes, my time to learn. I need to find a way to kindly say, "thanks for the advise but I'm going to try it my way. You can keep your opinions on parenting to yourself and your partner. In good going my thing." Right now it just comes out, back off jerk you don't know me!"
Maybe I have issues... We'll discuss that another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment