Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Routine: is it really that important?

It really is. I thrive on routine and structure. Pregnancy and childbirth ripped that away. The hormone flux, the weight changes, then add a needy newborn. Don't get me wrong I love my baby boy and I wouldn't trade him for the world, but I'm exhausted. Parenthood is hard. For some reason growing up you're never told that being mom is work! Not only am I house keeper, maid, book keeper, cook, driver, now I'm mom too. I used to be great at keeping up with the housework and the cooking and whatnot. Lately though. I'm lucky to take a shower and get dressed.
Fortunately for now it seems the hardest part has eased and 5 months later I'm able to grasp at a little tiny bit of order. I'm so looking forward to getting back into a daily routine and taking back control of my life. I miss me! I'm looking forward to meeting myself again. 
Here's to tomorrow and completing my to do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment